Baxi Combi 80e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a Baxi Combi 80e with no hot water. The pressure gauge is at 2.3. The only illuminated light is the power on.
Any idea how to get the hot water back please?

Sponsored Links
Heating working ok..?

If your heating is on does any hot water come out of the taps..?

Initial thoughts, should heating work and boiler isnt locking out would be a diverter valve - which would need sorting by a gas engineer.

Try reseting the boiler and see if it resolved... but on older baxi’s this is a common problem.

Hi
Haven't tried the heating but I've noticed there is no ignition flame. Any idea how to reiginte it please?

Sponsored Links
Reset - if still nothing - then time to call a gas engineer i suspect.

Thanks for your advice. It does say to reset turn fully anti clockwise but turning anticlockwise is only a small turn. Not sure if that's fully.
Is there a problem with the pressure as well as it's now 2.5? Also how much do think it would cost to repair?

Impossible to say with the info i have mate.

The small turn anti-clockwise should reset on that boiler. If you want to upload a video to you tube and send the link then feel free. Others may chip in.

But if it’s dead i’m never going to say ‘take this cover off and test that...’.

You may want to downlod the manual online (if you dont have one to hand) which may give the odd tip - but if heating/water isnt working - you have power - you have gas and it isnt kicking out any error then it needs further investigation in my mind - by an engineer with the tools and knowledge.

Pressure is too high at the min - is it still rising..? You havent left the filling loop on and slightly open, have you..? I’d be tempted to take a bit of water out of a radiator using the bleed key - but ... with no water or heating, i doubt thats the underlying issue.

Call an engineer mate. Somethings arent worth the potential consequences.

Ok thanks for your time and help. Got no way of videoing it I'm afraid. I've tried looking a the manual. Filling loop is shut.Looks like I'll have to fork out. Being on a low income I have a feeling this is gonna hurt.

Ok thanks for your time and help. Got no way of videoing it I'm afraid. I've tried looking a the manual. Filling loop is shut.Looks like I'll have to fork out. Being on a low income I have a feeling this is gonna hurt.

Sorry - if i could help further i would. Someone reading this will probably chirp up with the dreaded letters of ‘PCB’ - but it could be something rather simple. Without further info i/anyone could say anything and not be proven wrong at the moment.

Let me know how you get on - would be interesting to hear the outcome.

Ok will do.
When you reset it did you hold the knob in the reset position for 10 seconds or so..?

Also - i would defo not recommend going on youtube and typing ‘baxi 80e no hot water heating’ - but if you ask your gas engineer to do so it may help him out - who knows.

Dont take the cover off - it would be wrong to do so.

Last edited:
Tried holding knob for 15secs. Also tried googling and youtube. No joy as you might have guessed:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back