baxi combi 80eco whinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Combi 80eco boiler as started to whine louldly when it kindles up in the morning. The system was working properly until i replaced a radiator in the kitchen. I drained the system to replace radiator, re-pressurised system bled radiators etc. The noise is present also when just running hot water with the heating off. When the system kindles up in morning the noise lasts for roughly 5mins then goes quiet.I havel listened to noise and seemsto be coming from above boiler. Any help would be appreciated :( help)

Sponsored Links
Thank you will purchase some tommorrow and let you know if this does the trick. Much appreciated

Thank you will purchase some tommorrow and let you know if this does the trick. Much appreciated

Wont do it i dont think mate

Reasons why

1 it makes this noise whenever the boiler starts in morning
2 it also does it if you only run hot water (completely seperate from CH)
3 noise is only prominent from top of boiler

Your fan is on its way out!!!

Sponsored Links
looking at previous posts there are a number of possible reasons for your (kindling ?).
now, does noise appear when it starts up for hot water or radiators.
ie what is on demand when noise happens.
seems these boilers do not like dirt in system,system could have had silencer already added and you have diluted it and not added any inhibitor to replace what you drained away.
is auto air vent open if it is does it work.
did pump get bleed.
disturbance could have picked up some crud and partilly blocked a filter, diverting valve or plate transfer exchanger.
really i would reccomend a gas engineer to check it out.
good luck.

Hi there looking at replys, noise starts first thing when only heating on, if heating off and got hot water tap on noise still there but not as loud. I did put inhibitor in system but not silincer. Noise is high up in boiler, Noise only lasts about 5mins then goes away. I had a look at fan looks as if some of washers holding fan in place are broken ie button shape washer that keeps fan in place. Will put some silincer into system see if that works if not will replace washers holding fan in place. If that doesn't work will get an expert in. Many thanks for all your help Yogi :)

Hi there looking at replys, noise starts first thing when only heating on, if heating off and got hot water tap on noise still there but not as loud. I did put inhibitor in system but not silincer. Noise is high up in boiler, Noise only lasts about 5mins then goes away. I had a look at fan looks as if some of washers holding fan in place are broken ie button shape washer that keeps fan in place. Will put some silincer into system see if that works if not will replace washers holding fan in place. If that doesn't work will get an expert in. Many thanks for all your help Yogi :)

Your fan is doing what i tell customers is the wall of death, after running for so long it basically defies gravity and tilts into place, i garantee this is what it is and your silencer is only gonna waste you money, get the full thing replaced mate as you will regret not on xmas day!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back