BAXI Combi Boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Experts,
I have a Baxi combi boiler with a dial timer. Can anyone advise me a replacement Electronic Timer which is compatible and not too expensive to replace?

Cheers
Krish

Sponsored Links
you can get a electronic programmer to fit into the existing hole in the boiler but i personally would avoid it as it is rather complicated :confused:

You could go for a separate (remote) timer (which could be fitted next to boiler), or even a programmable room stat. Separate timers start at around £30. Wiring shouldn't be too complicated.

HORTSMANN C11 is a good budget digital timer with 3 on and off periods . and an on for 1 hour function. Also if you have a roomstat fitted the wiring to that will need slightly altering as well as it will have to go through the clock

Sponsored Links
krish222 said:
Hi Experts,
I have a Baxi combi boiler with a dial timer. Can anyone advise me a replacement Electronic Timer which is compatible and not too expensive to replace?

Cheers
Krish
Going to be a lot easier and neater to replace what you have there directly than mess about fitting a seperate timer

The built in graslin timer that you should have there is part number 247206. Bought as a spare part is £38 ish plus vat
Electronic version is 247207 £63.07 +vat.
My email address is in my profile. please email me as I know a cheaper source ;)

you can get a electronic programmer to fit into the existing hole in the boiler but i personally would avoid it as it is rather complicated

Since when was four wires complicated :?: :?: :?: :?:

Two to work the clock and two for the switch :!:

I thought you said this was easy? :oops:

I have a Baxi 105HE plus with dial electro-mechanical programmer and a separate room stat.

I have a new digital programmer that I was going to wall mount outside the airing cupboard.

I seem to recall being told that the combi on off was low voltage, :confused: not 204v - and the programmer has an option to "common" the voltage to 240 or to use a separate supply.
There's no mention of the room stat with the instructions.

Questions -
1. Do i common the programmer output to bring out 240v to go into the boiler?

2. Does the room stat simply act as a "break in live" after the programmer output - and does it act on same voltage as boiler on/off?

3. How do I remove the mechnical timer - there's screws in the top of the boiler cover, but also on the sides?

4. Is it clear where to wire the outputs to when I have disconnected the mechanical timer?

Think that's everything!
(My Rayburn was loads easier than this!)

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Page 22 figure 29.

Put an extrenal room stat and or programmer into the connecting block which further along hosts the live neutral and earth power to the boiler.

You take a lead from 1, remove the jumper, and return from your controls to 2. The feed from terminal 1 is 230v, and your controls pass it back to the boiler as 230v.

If your rstat requires neutral you will have to provide it.

Since yopui probvably dount have the blanking piece for the mechanical clock leave it there but on all the time. Otherwise use the blanking piece and dummy terminal block to make safe the connections supplied with the boiler.

Great boiler!

Thanks for reply Paul. Don't understand the P22 fig 29 - It's not in my "user guide" and the Baxi website has only 12 pages of instructions.

So basically my circuit goes :-

Fused spur to Programmer (L/N/E).

Don't connect Pin 1 of programmer to Live.

Pin1 out, through roomstat (Connect N if required), into boiler.

What connects to where in boiler?

Boiler out back to terminal 2.

Am I to presume 3 & 4 are not required (For separate hot water eg?)

Thanks
Stuart!

If you are using a programmer that requires LNE connection Would be simpler to ignore terminal 1 of boiler and simply send the live from the roomstat provided on not satisfied to terminal 2 of boiler.

Isolate boiler electrically.

To get at terminals undo two screws push metal cover upwards and pull forwards off, front flap drops down.

molded plastic shaped thingy covers connections, visible through snap off cover far left of whole plastic houseing but removal of whole required to pass wires through. far left towards front is where lne is connected two terminals nearest you are 1 and 2, they have a jumper in them, remove it and put your live control into the slot nearest you which is number two.

Thanks for help Paul - all installed earlier this week - to override ch we now just hit the button on the wall instead of crawling on hands and knees clutching torch to find button that is 2mm across (and I couldn't oprate due to fat fingers and bitten nails!)
I have to say even with a qualification in electronics, it was fairly testing to get contradictory instructions from programmer supplier, thermostat supplier and boiler manufacturer to a decent setup - not recommended for the faint hearted!

Thanks again to Paul and the Diynot froum.

Stuart!

To ressurect a dead thread, if it is ok?

I have a Baxi Combi Boiler 80e, with no timer fitted at all (but with a room thermostat). I would like to fit a timer (as its bleedin annoing getting up in the cold!) and have found the digital version ref'ed above http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/digital-timer-for-combi-boilers-p-352.html

At the moment all I have is a blank plate in the control panel and will remove this and fit the new timer.

I can't find much info on how this is done, is it simply the case of finding the correct wires, pulling them through and connect them to the back of the timer?

Is it really this simple?

I would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,

Tom[/url]

it is that simple. behind the knockout on the boiler there will be wires waiting for you in a connector block. the L & N power the clock motor & the other two are the live to the heating in & out. there will be a simple diagram with the clock.

i would recommend the simpler electro mechanical model.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/mechanical-timer-for-combi-boilers-p-351.html

& no its not really ok to resurrect the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back