baxi combi c/h not working!!! help getting cold!!!

Just checked the Instant 80e service manual. Motor driven DV head, as in an Ideal mini, but no mention of a flue stat. Only standard DHW, CH and overheat sensors.

Sponsored Links
Agile/Dave the 80HE instant has a flue stat

Hang on, you are now turning Sloppy's boiler not just into an instant but into a condensing instant!

How can anyone who works for BG be so vague about what kind of boiler they have?

Tony

Must be one of the new breed with a whole ten months of training and probably been paired with someone who has just finished there own ten months :confused:

Sponsored Links
why is it that once the heating is nice and hot it starts to mess around yet when it is messing around i can run a hole bath of hot water with out any messing around? so it can only be something to do with just the c/h please help guys???

The most simple problem would be the CH sensor going open circuit or low resistance when it gets hot but that would usually bring up a fault light on the front panel.

There is a simple gas misadjustment which would cause the boiler to lock out when the central heating gets up to temperatuire. That would need a competent CORGI to check though and he would expect to be paid for his time and expertise.

Tony

thanks can i check the c/h sensor what one is it i did change three sensors already tho?can i do a simple check with a meter for resistance?

seem's to be alitte worse now and cuts in for ten or so seconds than will cut out only when the system is nice and hot up to tha is fine

Just checked the Instant 80e service manual. Motor driven DV head, as in an Ideal mini, but no mention of a flue stat. Only standard DHW, CH and overheat sensors.

Have you tried ringing technical services ... :LOL: thought you were an engineer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

do baxi have a technical line than that will help or will they just send an engineer out because i dont have the mone at the monent hence why im so ken so sort it myself if it's just a simple part exchange

Have you tried ringing technical services ... :LOL: thought you were an engineer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The lad you're pecking away at has done 11000 posts on here, the vast majority of which have been nothing but helpful and informative.
You might do well to shut the f*ck up and read some of them, you'll learn stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i,m not having a go but i do get fed up when i see offensive

language while giving advice it just doesnt go together and it,s happening

more often ,,,

to anyone who does it ,, dont, if you want respect in return :p

MAL

so sorry to keep going on can anyone help??why does it go funny when on the c/h and not d/w what would cause this could the diverter be jamming thao the pump still runs when it cuts out?

As many of us have alluded, it may just be a simple gas setting which needs a CORGI to check it.

However many times you ask, I am not going to give detailed advice on gas work to anyone who is not CORGI registered.

Tony

the diverter valve should be spring loaded, you can take the actuator head off and check the pin on the valve isnt stuck down.

the actuator pushes the pin in to deliver DHW, then the spring should push pin out again to deliver CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back