Baxi Combi Instant 105e - Faulty diverter valve motor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

My Baxi Combi Instant 105e boiler doesn't provide very hot water any more. The problem is at the diverter valve: it doesn't close properly and allow some of the water destined for the domestic hot water network into the central heating network.

I would like to make sure that my diverter valve motor is not the one at fault. Could someone give me a procedure to check it?

Thanks!

FRED

Sponsored Links
The centre pin is neutral and the power is provided to one of the outer pins according to which position is required.

You first need to see if the PCB is applying power appropriately to make it move. If not it would be a PCB fault.

If power is being correctly applied then the pusher will move accordingly to operate the pin on the diverter valve.

When the motor is removed the boiler should be in the DHW mode and no water should reach the rad circuit.

Tony

Seen this fault numerous times, no short cuts, and never had it yet where only motor faulty, parts required are diverter valve complete, check and or fit expansion vessel whilst boiler drained,you will find air required in vessel,,,,,and no not a nice job to do and have plenty of washers at hand,

I checked the diverter motor as instructed by Tony and it is fine.
So I guess, unfortunately Shawd you are right: I have to change the complete diverter valve... :cry:

Thanks for your help, guys: I really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
if your gonna do this yourself. cover the pcb with as much protection as you can because guaranteed you will get water coming at you at all angles if your not familiar with this boiler. and as mentioned plenty of washers. personally id get someone in. for a fixed price repair. e.g heateam

Hi All

Got a Baxi 80e Combi boiler, which is 5-10 years old (was already installed when we moved in).

The heating works, but the how water doesn't.

Got a local heating guy in, just got a call to say it was the diverter valve.

He said the part would be between £90-150, he would confirm once he has a price.

Then he said it would take 3 hours to fit.

Does this sound right?

Hi Kioni

You were correctly advised when you piggy backed on the last thread to start a new one for your own problem, you have just added to a thread from 2011, if you start a fresh one of your own you will get the advice you require

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back