Baxi 105e diverter valve refurbished

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was just wondering if you can refurbish a diverter valve on a baxi 105e without taking it out of the boiler ?. My valve is working ok but makes a momentary squeek when I turn on the hot water so I may have troubles at some point .
Mic

Sponsored Links
Hi I was just wondering if you can refurbish a diverter valve on a baxi 105e without taking it out of the boiler ?. My valve is working ok but makes a momentary squeek when I turn on the hot water so I may have troubles at some point .
Mic
You have to remove it..Just leave it whilst it works.The part that usually goes is the hot water diaphragm in the big brass circular housing on the front.The squeak could just be the spring inside moving.When the diapghragm splits, you get no hot water,when the parts inside go wrong, the hot water heats up radiators instead of coming out of a tap..Those are the two usual fails.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can service it in position, but I have done many, would probably be easier for you to remove it though, if it is your first one

Sponsored Links
I recently changed the big diaphragm and spring in the circular casing + the large castle shaped nut behind it and the plunger that was inside

I recently changed the big diaphragm and spring in the circular casing + the large castle shaped nut behind it and the plunger that was inside
you can normally get away with just doing the front section, the rear section is a bit more tricky

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It looked too complicated and it wasn't leaking from that end , so I left it alone
you never mentioned anything about a leak, you said it was sqeeking , if you actually meant leaking then what you have done should sort it

you never mentioned anything about a leak, you said it was sqeeking , if you actually meant leaking then what you have done should sort it
I changed it the bits because it was leaking from the castle looking nut , it doesn't leak now . It just makes a momentary squeek when I turn on the hot water ( the squeek developed a couple of months after I changed the bits )

Last edited:
you can normally get away with just doing the front section, the rear section is a bit more tricky
Never tried it Ian..I have always changed the whole valve..cannot think how you get in to undo the back brass, where the clip goes on..Cannot think how you would get that off in situ and change the bits inside.

Never tried it Ian..I have always changed the whole valve..cannot think how you get in to undo the back brass, where the clip goes on..Cannot think how you would get that off in situ and change the bits inside.
getting it off is the easy bit, getting it back on can be a real pain

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Can I ask what you what a gas engineer would normally charge to change the bits inside ?.

you can ask but everyone is different, you wont get a fixed price for doing it, if you are going to use somone ask them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back