Baxi 105e dripping when hot water is running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening.
My elderly baxi 105e drips from between the pressure differential valve and the Bush nut that connects it to the rest of the diverter valve. I think it only happens when I'm using hot water.
Any ideas what to replace?

Sponsored Links
Pics are always best but I think you mean the gland nut, comes as part of the diverter valve service kit, but you can buy the gland nut on its own

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The water is dripping at that joint.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230722_072641.jpg
    20230722_072641.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
it can be leaking from one of two places the usual is the back of diff valve so the valve needs it needs taken off
turn off the cold remove the two bundy tubes on top and undo the 2 grub screws holding it to the rest of the valve
undo the nut at back of valve the pin comes through there is a small Oring that the pin passes through that wears .
but you will have to split the valve to get the bearing plate with pin on it out the way to get the O ring out whilst doing it change the diaphragm as well .

Sponsored Links
the second place it can leak from is the pin that comes through the bush nut and its a case of removing housing as before but now you need to drain the heating side of the boiler and change the bush nut and the pin that comes through it , here is a kit you use . You dont have to use all the bits just the two i have mentioned but this kit also comes with the diaphragm and small washer required so better to buy this in first place just in case .

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Can I replace the Bush nut in situ or will I need to replace it with everything taken off ?

No I haven't topped it up at all . It was serviced in April, the engineer could of topped it up

No I haven't topped it up at all . It was serviced in April, the engineer could of topped it up
Then as @CBW correctly advised you in an earlier post, your problem is the DHW section and not where you think it is, if you look closely there are 4 x tappings on that and only 2 x screw so the easiest way for the water to leak is through the open tappings , you need the part that @gas112 quoted in #4 and it is that tiny O ring , make sure you properly clean the push rod and swap out the diaphragm at the same time , no need to drain any thing

Just a quick update. When I got up this morning there was a drip of water on the valve . I had a sniff and it smells chemically, it's certainly not fresh water .
I might just change both ends to be sure . Thanks again everyone

IMG-20230726-WA0007.jpg
does this bush nut look incomplete? Shouldn't it have a white plastic bit in the middle and not just a hole?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back