baxi combi instant 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do you need to drain the primary circuit before changing the diverter valve operating head

Sponsored Links
started to ease it off and water started seeping out ! now seems to be stuck and unable to lift it off. What is in the diverter valve where the operating head joins to.?

Whats in it ? Lots of magic stuff,thats whats in it ...............

Sponsored Links
Oooh you tease....

There's an O ring gland seal round a sliding pin.
All leaking, in your case.
It's a bit llike this...
(Parts were coloured in for some other purpose)
105instantexplpartshydr.gif

it is seeping out water (not much) where the pink part (387) joins the green part. The operating head won't come out, although it should just lift out once the spring clip is removed. There is alot of brown gunk around where the parts join and half of the clip has rusted away. Does this mean that the whole green part needs to be replaced ?

dreamcatcher - did you find a solution to this?

I am having exactly the same problem - a small leak where the pink and green parts join and the clip (part 392) is rusty. I have not tried to remove the clip, just noticed that it is rusty/wet.

The boiler blew two fuses earlier in the week but seems to be behaving now.

Baxi will only sell you the complete manifold (coloured green). If you go into your local parts stockist and ask to see the exploded diagram from an Ideal Mini C it's the same manifold but Ideal do just the bit at the top that's leaking as a spare. I think they call it a valve service kit, you get more than you need (coz you'll only need the top bit with pin) but it's stilll cheaper than forking out for a complete manifold section from baxi. It's worth buying a new clip as well. It could be the cause of your tripping as well if water is getting up into the actuator head electrics but I doubt you'll need a new powerhead if it dries out OK.

Baxi will only sell you the complete manifold (coloured green). If you go into your local parts stockist and ask to see the exploded diagram from an Ideal Mini C it's the same manifold but Ideal do just the bit at the top that's leaking as a spare. I think they call it a valve service kit, you get more than you need (coz you'll only need the top bit with pin) but it's stilll cheaper than forking out for a complete manifold section from baxi. It's worth buying a new clip as well. It could be the cause of your tripping as well if water is getting up into the actuator head electrics but I doubt you'll need a new powerhead if it dries out OK.

Thanks for the information, you were right. In the end, I got someone to come and look at it. There was water going up from the green part into the pink part (it was wet inside) and this was causing the fuses to blow. He just dried out the pink part and put everything back together and all was well, the leak stopped. He said that the clip was not pushing properly and that he had cleaned and bent it a bit.

Today I took a look and saw that there is water around the clip again. Now that I know what to do, can I just replace the clip with a new one? Is there an o ring or washer that also needs replacing?

You cannot just dry it and replace the clip.

The gland assembly has to be replaced to stop the leak.

If you leave it leaking then the motor will fail too.

Tony

You cannot just dry it and replace the clip.

The gland assembly has to be replaced to stop the leak.

If you leave it leaking then the motor will fail too.

Tony

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what the gland assembly is and can't find it in a google search. Can you tell me what part it is in the diagram above and do you know the part number please?

Ok, so I need a valve service kit for a Ideal Mini C.

Do you have a part number for it? I've been ripped off once for this and I'd like to know exactly what to get so I don't end up buying the wrong thing, or too much.

Am I right in thinking that I need to unscrew this bit and replace it with a new one from the kit:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back