Baxi Duo Tec 28 issue

I did it my self as the engineer had the decency to tell me he couldnt get hold of a pump / circulator for less than £350 plus labour so it would be cheaper to get Baxi to come out and fix it. Got a "New" un-boxed pump from Ebay and fitted it myself. This engineer came out to my house and looked at the boiler to Diagnose the problem yet all of you Keyboard engineers who have not looked at my boiler have slagged him off doubted his ability and made numerous statements stating he is wrong. Really!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Both you and him are wrong, if he actually exists, you have an expansion problem, absolutely nothing to do with the circulator (what you call the pump )

The symptoms the Engineer explained are as follows, which may differ from my explanation:
When the burner ignites either from hot water or heating demand then the boiler starts to "kettle" excessively.

by removing the old circulator and putting a new one in it has stopped the problem, therefore the problem was the circulator.

Sponsored Links
Ketting can be caused by a failing pump.

My amateur opinion is that you had multiple problems a blockage in the system, a failing pump and possibly the DV was letting by. Some where along the line of replacing the various parts (DV and pump) and draining the boiler either removed the blockage or moved it on

Blockages are caused by a dirty system. So you may well need to remedy that to avoid future headache

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back