Baxi Duo-Tec 40 combi valve configuration query?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all … I recently had to top up the pressure in our Baxi Duo Tec. At first I adjusted valves 3&4 on the attached photo in error, then corrected myself and adjusted 1&2 to top up the pressure. At this point I was interrupted by a neighbour and managed to reconfigure the valves so there was no flow to the hot taps.

I sorted this so the taps and heating are fine, but now find myself unclear if Valve 3 is in the correct orientation. It doesn’t seem to make any difference for normal operation but I thought I’d ask the forum if there’s a better orientation to leave valve 3 in. I’ve not managed to glean much help from the boiler instructions :(

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 0C7789AC-90F9-40CE-9831-1D06EAEFC99A.jpeg
    0C7789AC-90F9-40CE-9831-1D06EAEFC99A.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks folks, grand advice. I only messed with valve 1 because valve 2 was so stiff and I doubted myself whether it was the right one.
Can I ask why valve 3 is best off being closed? It seems to function okay as-is at the moment? Cheers!

Your filling loop has two valves,blue ones,both should be open to top up pressure,both should be closed when achieved.
The reason there are two is essentially to provide protection. If you only had one valve and it didn't fully close ,or was accidentally knocked open,the system would be permanently taking in water....
And that wouldn't be good would it !!

Ah gotcha. Yes, it’s been that way on the boilers I’ve had in previous home. I think perhaps because I’d tinkered with valve 1 as well I’d convinced myself 1 and 2 were the two valves to use rather than 2 and 3.
I’ve clearly been a bit dumb but I’m glad I asked and thanks for your explanation. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back