Baxi duo tec Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

If you have a Baxi duo tec Combi Boiler installed in a garage do you need a external frost stat fitted. I have been told from a friend that there is an internal frost stat built in as well as a timer which starts the pump every 24 hrs if the boiler is not used.
Please can anyone confirm this
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think what you have been told is correct but it is there to protect your boiler it would not do any harm to fit a frost stat and pipe stat to protect the pipework.

I forgot to mention I have got a Baxi Single Channel Wireless Programmable Room Thermostat (kit No. 5117391) installed.
I wired in the old frost stat off the previous boiler.
The boiler wouldn't switch on when the frost stat was made so I removed it.
But are now concerned if it requires one, now the cold weather is creeping up on us....

Sponsored Links
the boiler has a built in frost stat to protect the boiler, but if you have exposed pipework that could freeze you need to insulate the pipe fit a frost stat and a pipe stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back