Baxi duotec 33 - looking for a new smart stat controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to change the existing Towerstat RF wall fixed temp controller as it will only turn the heating on/off in increments of one hour. Ideally we could with coming on at say 6.45 then off at 7.35 or something like that but greater variation than just an hour.

I've been looking at smart controllers like Hive, Nest, Drayton 1, as been able to use through an app/internet would be handy. I've had a quick look at the boiler and the Towerstat is the integral type.

My question is what smart controller could give me the ability to set it at similar times to what I stated above and how much hassle is it to fit it or how long/easy would it be for an engineer/sparky to do it?

Edited to add that Ideally would like the control to control different zones at some stage. I've got 6 rads and a towel rad/rail.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you want individual zone control, then you need a system with electric radiator valves unless you're intending to start re-piping your system. On a system that small though, I'd suggest you just have a smart stat and TRVs if you don't have them already. Look at the Honeywell T6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back