Baxi Duotec 40 HEA Hall effect Sensor problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if any one has had this issue???

I've just changed the Flow sensor cartridge and now the hall effect sensor seems to be working in reverse.
No flow led on boiler fires up...
turn on the tap led goes out boiler stops..
I put the sensor on the removed cartridge and simulated flow by pushing the magnet up and it works fine...
confused.com..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Its not a true hall effect sensor in these, More like a magnetic reed switch. the brass where the sensor clips round, in there is a sort of float that moves up and down with a magnet in it activating the sensor (its almost never the sensor its self at fault)

sounds like yours is sticking. Can be stripped and cleaned but are prone to breaking trying to get em out.

Cheers

Its not a true hall effect sensor in these, More like a magnetic reed switch. the brass where the sensor clips round, in there is a sort of float that moves up and down with a magnet in it activating the sensor (its almost never the sensor its self at fault)

sounds like yours is sticking. Can be stripped and cleaned but are prone to breaking trying to get em out.

Cheers
You can use a magnet .stripping and cleaning it , good luck with that ;)

M888mfc , Your flow switch is faulty and needs replacing sometimes you can whack the top of it to work again temporarily

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back