Baxi duotec combi 28 he showing error e119 with pressure??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday afternoon my boiler lost pressure and flashed e119, I repressurised it and it hasn't stopped flashing the warning and still isn't working.
I've tried switching it off at the wall and trying to reset with no luck.
I've seen some people mention the pressure switch, how/where will I find it to see if this could be the issue? or any other suggestions would be appreciated as it's pretty chilly!!

Sponsored Links
Make sure gauge is above 1 bar! If it still won't reset then it's good chance the pressure switch is blocked or knackered! Drain boiler then unscrew the pressure switch it's the black plastic round thing with 2 blue wires going to it! Clean out the small hole of any debris and refit and refill if that still doesn't work you need a new 1 ;)

Thanks
It's nearer 2 bar so know there is pressure, if it hasn't sorted itself by tomorrow I'll try that.
Probably a silly question but how do I drain it? Brief instructions or point me in the direction of a useful link would be great.
I'm fine with things like this if I know what I'm doing but never had to do more than repressurise it before :confused:

Sponsored Links
Evidently not a typical Essex girl if she can do simple boiler repairs!

A girl left me a voice messsage last week asking me to come and repair her boiler.

I sent a text asking her to find the make and model of boiler and to call me.

She replied with a "Who are you?" I replied with my name!

Then she asked "Why are you texting me?" I replied because you are Caroline and asked me to !

How dumb can anyone be?

Try not to be too typically Essex!! Already replaced element in cooker an repaired a burnt joint on dishwasher circuit board this year, don't like to be defeated by things!!!
So Boiler drained and black thing with 2 blue wires located, daft question is how do I get it out?? I'd hate to damage it!!
Thanks

Think I've worked it out, little screw under a black cap?
Boiler is in a stupid cupboard built for a smaller boiler so really hard to get access at the right angle, gotta get to work so put it back together and will take the cupboard apart later and try again.
I have all the rads turned off while I'm doing it, is this right??
Thanks again for helping a skint dippy girl try and get warm!!!

ALso, when you turn the selector knob to reset it, i have found on a number of these that you need to hold it at the reset positio for anything up to a minute for it to actually reset. Try that too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back