BAXI Duotec Combi 40HE - Losing water pressure every 8 hours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the BAXI Duotec Combi installed around 3 months with no problems, but over the last 10 days the water pressure has been consistantly reducing so that the HW & CH stop working around every 8 hours and I have to re-pressurise. :cry:

I realise this is likely to be due to a leak somewhere in the system and I have checked all rads and the boiler itself and cant find an obvious leak anywhere. Unfortunately the house is running a one pipe system and therefore I am unable to isolate any of the rads to try and pinpoint where the leak is.

Therefore before having to begin ripping up floorboards all over the house does anyone have any other idea's to help try and find the problem or any advise on where to start looking.

Not sure if relevant but the boiler is located on the ground floor in a garage on an external wall and it heats the 1st floor first before the ground floor.

Any help appreciated as I have a lot of laminate flooring in the house and the thought of having to take it all apart to look for a leaky pipe is daunting

Sponsored Links
Make sure the system is completely cold ie leave it off for a few hours.

Presurise to 1 Bar.

Isolate the flow and return valves under the boiler.

Leave for a few hours.

If the pressure now drops there's a problem in the boiler - the heat exchanger may have failed internally....water will drain through the condense pipework.

If the pressure holds the leak's on the rads.

Also check the system is not over pressurising due to a expansion vessle being flat of burst. Could also be the Pressure revlief valve passing due to this.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys tried your suggestions and it now confirms the leak is somewhere in the system. As I cant find the leak under the accessable floorboards I think I may try and get the system re-plumbed rather than try to find all the pipes some of which are running down walls and under a concrete floor !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back