Baxi Duotec squeeking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi Duotec he28 and had a few radiators replaced a few months ago.

The plumber drained the system to change them and when testing them after refilling the system he was outside with the heating on and the boiler started to make a noise as if it were boiling dry.

I Rushed to the boiler and attemped to refill the water in the boiler but managed to islolate the boiler instead (which made some aweful noises).

After this was retified and the system properly refilled everything worked fine.... until a few days later when i was woken by terrible banging noises which i put down to air in the system (and there was alot of it which i bled from 3 radiators)

Since then i had a period of occasional knocking and have still been bleading air from the radiators tho not as bad as the first time (i dont think they added any inhibitor when they refilled the system). however a new problem has arisen...

When the heating has been on for a period of time there is a squeeking/squeeling noise which sounds like it is coming from the Pump in the boiler (and travels around the house through the pipes/radiators).

I am pretty sure its coming from the pump as doesnt appear to be present when hot water is used but then its intermittet and usually the heating needs to be on for some time before the noise is made.

Any ideas? and any ideas how to fix or the cost of fixing?

Sponsored Links
pump is running dry.

bleed it via the big screw on the front of it.

sounds like the previous guy hasnt bled the system properly.

it can be a PITA and take time to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back