Central Heating - Hot water -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I get noises from pipes particularly near the hot water tank in cupboard in bedroom, there are two what I believe to be motorized valve/switches at pipes in cupboard...noise sounds like water running through pipes, no apparent leakes. goes away when I put heating on. seems to only be when boiler for hot water is on. Vokera boiler, sealed , topped up if necessary, from main cold water feed. boiler in loft. system was drained for a new radiator last year and this is when noises noticed after refilling. could this be air in sysyem. tried draining and refilling couple of times but no change. is there somewhere in boiler or else where I could vent other than the usual - radiators.

Sponsored Links
Can you advise how to get air out of system. and can you advise if there are any place in boiler to bleed out the air. If I have to drain and refill can you advise the best things to do and in what order ?

Sponsored Links
A sealed system that is designed and installed correctly should have no problem with air remaining in the system. As you have air stuck in it, something is not quite as it should be, hard to say exactly what without seeing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back