Baxi HE28 noisy only on one hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've had a Baxi HE28 condensing B fitted for almost 6-7 years now, recently flushed the system several times and given it its first dose of inhibitor X100 after a few weeks running the system with X400(didn't know about the stuff previously). The radiators all work fine, as does the shower which is mains fed (not electric). The problem I'm experiencing is when I use the hot water tap on the downstairs sink which is about 3 meters from the boiler (mounted in the kitchen), i get a loud grinding noise from the boiler - I've reduced the temp on the dial and this alleviates the noise, but obviously the preference is to run the boiler at max water temp.

It's weird that the noise only appears on the kitchen hot tap whilst on max water temp - Checking, I can't see that it makes the noise any other time.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Tim

Sponsored Links
Update if this makes any difference - The unit is now making the noise sporadically when using the shower. It sounds to me like bearings going perhaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back