Baxi gas fire

Perhaps its a silly question to you, but why when you have central heating do you still want to use inefficient gas fires?

Probably is silly. You have no idea what boiler he has, but I wouldn't mind betting on a 65%er at best.

The fire is probably about 60%+, and will cost about 28p max per hour on HIGH, and chances are it will be on low after 15 minutes.

Sponsored Links
I think the boiler is 70%+ efficient and the gas fires are, as you say, mainly on low when we use them. We are double glazed and have had cavity wall insulation for years, as well as the necessary level of loft insulation, so much so that whilst the world gets free this that and the other, because we had all that work done to help try to keep our home warm. The gas fires help us keep warm so important to get the closure plate done. Trust that this satisfies those who, unlike us, have plenty of funds coming in every week as we use the uneconomic gas fires. Suppose I'd say, try living on a pension and then see how you use your gas central heating - pensioners are often the people in fuel poverty!

..... should say that as we had all the necessary insulation done prior to all the freebies on offer now, ie, free loft insulation, double glazing, new boilers etc etc we are not eligible for any help. Work hard and the govt leaves you to your own devices when you retire!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back