British Gas Homecare?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Bermuda 45/4 back boiler. When I bought the house there was a Focalpoint Plasma fire attached. I have just had British Gas out to service the boiler and he told me it was illegal, turned off the gas supply and told me I need to get a baxi fire or a new boiler! Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can't just mix and match a fire to your back boiler it has to be one approved to work with the back boiler.

Cheers,
Do you want photos of the fire or the boiler???? Is it possible to have the boiler without a fire at all? Or even get a minging baxi fire and just not use it??? Please excuse my ignorance but I'm a chef, not an engineer!!!!
J

Sponsored Links
Go on ebay & pick up a Baxi C3, 4 or 5, all of these will go with your boiler.
And no you can't use the boiler without the fire.

Cheers,
Do you want photos of the fire or the boiler???? Is it possible to have the boiler without a fire at all? Or even get a minging baxi fire and just not use it??? Please excuse my ignorance but I'm a chef, not an engineer!!!!
J

we would like to see pictures of how the fire has been connected into the boiler flue if possible :D This is purely for amusement value, follow keego's advise, its all good.

Photos, photos, photos

Please,,,,someone make it happen.

We just have to see this

send the photos to gas installer and you could win an aluminium rhino pipe roof rack for the months biggest horror

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back