Baxi Genesis replacement.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an inquiry for replacement boiler. The client has a Baxi Genesis that is needing pressurised everyday. Water collects in the base tray on the boiler. The client also proposes to extend his house with additional shower room. He has a utility room in addition to the kitchen. Present bathroom has a Mira electric shower. Present boiler is fitted in a 450mm wide space. If push came to a shove larger wall space is available for a wider boiler. He also wants the pipes replaced with small bore copper. These are grey plastic pipes. Have not looked at the cut end of the pipe to check if pipes are barrier or non-barrier.

My suggestion is that the boiler be replaced with a Vokera Linea or a Baxi 105e (I do not like Worcester) for HW needs in the kitchen and utility rooms. An UV cylinder be fitted for HW needs for washing. An alternative to this (if cylinder is a no no) is to specify a Vokera Linea Max. Have fitted a few of these. I like the way this boiler is made. Vokeras are also engineer friendly and parts are very reasonable.

Over to the regulars for your say as the client is going to be tracking what is being said.

Sponsored Links
On balance I don't think I'd fit a combi AND an unvented hwss because you're getting the complications of a combi versus a "straight" (system) boiler, for marginal benefit. Non-stored HW for tea and cooking is all that really appeals to me.

There ARE some situations - remote shower rooms, say, where an unvented can be appropriate, and it does give electric hw backup.

I wonder why he's sure the plastic is bad - it could just be the Genesis?

I think a Linea Max is a pretty useful compromise though where space is tight

fitted a combi to supply kitchen indirect 900x450 to supply bathroom all worked ok was what the customer wanted and was very happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back