Baxi Luna HT 280 only providing heat, no hot tap water. What is the fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night my Baxi boiler stopped providing hot tap water so I'm trying to figure out how to repair it myself so it doesn't cost me a fortune.
These are my observations:
1) Heating works, no problem, hot tap water cold to very luke warm.
2) Diverter valve pin, under diverter motor, moves smoothly and freely returns under its own spring pressure.
3) Last night an Error '50' flashed up indicating an NTC sensor problem. This warning has not shown itself since and did not immediately appear when the boiler started acting up.
4) Which sensor should I be concerned about, see photo below?
5) The diverter valve motor does not operate and the activating pin of the motor is recessed in the central heating position, regardless of whether a hot tap is open or closed.

So, what is the problem? Is the sensor knackered and therefore has the knock-on effect of preventing the diverter motor from working, is the motor knackered or a combination of the two?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Tom.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back