Baxi Megaflo System 28HE - E168 error - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

all help and input appreciated! We've had a new extension built recently, and while the boiler didn't need re-locating we've had some issues since - could be coincidence, could be something else? Suffice to say I wasn't happy with either the plumber (couple of new rads) or the electrician (moving the CH 3-channel programmer to a different location) - everything they did was of pretty poor standard.

Since the extension work was finished, we're getting intermittent 'E168' errors on the boiler. This seems to occur only when we hit 'boost' - it's working perfectly though on the timed programs (downstairs rads and hot water on in the morning for an hour). Unfortunately it's not consistent - even the 'boost' sometimes works, but most times it doesn't!

E168 seems to be the Baxi's default code for 'don't know what's happened, but something has!'. Any idea where to start trouble-shooting or testing - is the fault at the programmer end, at the boiler, in the cabling linking them both, or somewhere else?

As I said at the start, all input gratefully received!

Henrik

Sponsored Links
More than likely something to do with the electrics. Are you getting a steady voltage to the boiler, within tolerances. Is the earth ok? Polarity ok? It may be coincidence with work carried out but with the sound of it they could have mucked something up.

Thanks 1983,

The confusing part is it works on timer, but not on 'boost'. I would have thought it's the same cable carrying the 'on' signal to the boiler from the programmer - open to correction though? Is it a possibility the error's within the programmer, and if so how best to test?

Thanks again

Henrik

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back