Baxi Platinum Combi Boiler 28HE - Heating on = Error E168

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look through the other posts on here and found a mention of a PCB error for E168 but I'm not so sure. What do you think?

BAXI - Combi Platinum 28HE

When timer calls for CH to switch on and warm rads the Rad light illuminates but the Orange Fire light doesn't illuminate, then after a short period there is E168 on the LEDs.

If I turn the DHW on the boiler ignites and the orange light comes on. If I have the water running when the CH comes on, the boiler stays alight. But it just won't light if it's a new request for solely CH.

The only thing I've done is to fix a leaking isolation valve that was dropping the pressure every week. Nothing to the boiler itself.

Problem started about three weeks ago and we've had to go into the loft to RESET the boiler while having the DHW running 3 times a day, (when the CH is supposed to come on)

I've checked all connectors on the PCB nothing loose, our boiler wasn't registered in the first 30days after installation so it's not covered by the warranty. (Our installers never told us we needed to do this and I'm disappointed that BAXI won't honour their 5yr warranty)

I phoned heatteam up and the guy said it might be the 3 way motor valve on the top. What do you reckon?

I've spotted PCB's on Ebay and AK GAS for around £70. Worth investing?

Thanks for any help at all!!

Bob

Sponsored Links
Not an expert on these, but I thought the 160 codes related to fan problems :confused:

Don't know why heateam advised it might be the '3 way motor valve'

'E168' is an electrical problem, heateam engineers have a check list to run through and test indivdual components in a specific order, including gas valve, spark generator and pump, if these prove ok pcb is to be replaced.

I've found that replacing the pcb straight away seems to work 100% of the time!

Why are you looking on ebayfor bits, Platinum has an automatic 5 year g`tee

Sponsored Links
Serviced ,you mean any corgi name /number taken from yellow pages or off a van and put in log book. ;)

Also had baxi out to fires that i never registered just provided proof of purchase would boiler not be the same

I have a BAXI - Combi 24HE was installed 3yrs ago, its timer unit is a Salus RT500RF wireless Unit, For years now had no problem with the Combi Boiler then one day it displayed E168.

The fault was fixed by just replacing the batties in the Salus unit.

22/04/2012

“There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”
― Paulo Coelho

I've had a look through the other posts on here and found a mention of a PCB error for E168 but I'm not so sure. What do you think?

Hi Unibob, I know it was a few years ago but did you manage to fix the issue, because mine is doing something very similar.

Regards
Neil

BAXI - Combi Platinum 28HE

When timer calls for CH to switch on and warm rads the Rad light illuminates but the Orange Fire light doesn't illuminate, then after a short period there is E168 on the LEDs.

If I turn the DHW on the boiler ignites and the orange light comes on. If I have the water running when the CH comes on, the boiler stays alight. But it just won't light if it's a new request for solely CH.

The only thing I've done is to fix a leaking isolation valve that was dropping the pressure every week. Nothing to the boiler itself.

Problem started about three weeks ago and we've had to go into the loft to RESET the boiler while having the DHW running 3 times a day, (when the CH is supposed to come on)

I've checked all connectors on the PCB nothing loose, our boiler wasn't registered in the first 30days after installation so it's not covered by the warranty. (Our installers never told us we needed to do this and I'm disappointed that BAXI won't honour their 5yr warranty)

I phoned heatteam up and the guy said it might be the 3 way motor valve on the top. What do you reckon?

I've spotted PCB's on Ebay and AK GAS for around £70. Worth investing?

Thanks for any help at all!!

Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back