Baxi Duotec E168 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

New to the forum with a tricky issue.
I have a Baxi Duotec 24 HE A. The pump was getting seriously noisey recently so replaced the head with a new unit.

To keep the boiler quiet, I set the pump speed at I. The old pump was single speed.

Anyway, since then, I’ve had an E168 error. Before I start replacing the PCB I’d be grateful for any ideas.

Other than the noisey pump, it’s been operating OK with issues. I change the head, and now these errors.

I might add, I’ve added another rad on the circuit, but stuck in some cleaner to circulate for a week, but can’t see either being the cause of my probs.

I even checked the condensate sump, which was full of crap, so dumped and cleaned it out.

Could replacing the pump have fried the PCB?

Thanks for any help here

D

Sponsored Links
I’ve had this and most times it’s been the pcb.

It can be caused by fault power feed so worth checking

Also a leaking diverter valve cartridge can allow water in to the motor and can cause this on rare occasions

Baxi do a fixed price repair.

Think he is after doing it himself and nickin someone's work

Think he is after doing it himself and nickin someone's work

Apologies, I may have got the wrong end of the stick. As most DIYers probably do, I'm hoping I've simply missed something that can be easily put right, before I resort to calling in the pros.

Am I posting in the right place? As a newbie to the forum, I can't help but rely on the seasoned posters for guidance.

Sponsored Links
So, after sorting out a new PCB, and the error re-presenting, I found a comment elsewhere on the net that the UPS2 isn’t compatible with the Baxi Duotec. The boiler has its own pump controller which conflicts with the pumps on board.
I’m not aware of any easy way to double this is true or not, but certainly explains things for me. I’m even less aware of a fix.

Hopefully this assists someone before forking out for a pump head.

So, after sorting out a new PCB, and the error re-presenting, I found a comment elsewhere on the net that the UPS2 isn’t compatible with the Baxi Duotec. The boiler has its own pump controller which conflicts with the pumps on board.
I’m not aware of any easy way to double this is true or not, but certainly explains things for me. I’m even less aware of a fix.

Hopefully this assists someone before forking out for a pump head.

yes, ups2 is an energy efficient pump, it is possible it will conflict whith the pcb, you need the original 15/60 baxi pump.

https://www.plumbarena.co.uk/product/baxi-248042-pump-15-60-105/#.W7psjfZFyhc

you also need a gas safe registered engineer, to check its all working safely.

I’ll take what Baxi day with a pinch of salt next time (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back