Baxi Megaflo System Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a question regarding the installation of my baxi megaflo boiler. The installer filled the system with water and pressurized it through the inlet marked with the red arrow in the picture below. (It's the cold DHW inlet, as marked on the boiler, but this System boiler does not have a DHW circuit).

If that is not the correct filling and pressurizing method please tell me if you think the boiler is damaged in any way from this procedure.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
What he has done is fine, the baxi megaflow shares a lot of components with it's combi bother and some of the markings identifying pipes are left on though the pipes have been deleted... What you have seen refers to the combi only and is not realavent to the megaflow..

Thanks for the reply corgigrouch, but in the installation manual the filling and pressurizing point is on the return pipe somewhere. Is that point the same as the return pipe? I can see they are connected with a piece of pipe internally but I don't know if it's the same thing as filling it through the return pipe.

:confused:

PS: I'm worried because in my country I don't have corgi trained installers and no warranty for the boiler, because I bought it directly from England...

What you have is a very unsual approach to fitting a filling loop. Usually it is seperate from the boiler and just tees across the cold mains and the return to the boiler.

Can't see this doing any damage though, just very strange way of doing it.

I assume he must have run a seperate cold supply to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply gas4you. The boiler is a system not a combi boiler. Does it need a cold supply?

The only reason why you would need a water supply on your boiler would be to fill the system via that filling point. I must admit that I have used these valves to fill the system in the past with no problem at all.

I fitted a megaflow a few months ago for a buddy and was impressed with the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back