baxi out-glow-worm in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have a baxi solo 2rs boiler working in my house,will a glow-worm 18sxi system boiler replace it ?.cheers shane

Sponsored Links
You have to look at the heat loss of the house by calculation to see what power is needed.

Also see what power the Solo is. But its probably over sized.

Its less efficient to have an over sized boiler!

Not everyone would recommend a G-W compared with some other makes.

Tony

Have a look at the GW Ultracom HX and the Vaillant 418 ,as you already have the pump and valves set. Go for which ever one you get the cheapest price on as they are the same boiler inside, same logic, just different display and price.

Stay away from the Flexicom - not GW's best work.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replys guys,the house is a 3 bed bungalow.so glow-worms are crap-ish nice to know,the baxi is a very old boiler but still going well just seams to be alot of kettling coming from it.there is not a valve for the hot water only function?hot water tank coil is just tee'd into the boiler inlet and outlet.gravity feed? cheers shane.

all i can add is your existing system will need to be ultra clean otherwise new boilers will suffer problems.
some kind of dirt trap device will help but if your rads are over 24 years old,i suggest exchanging rads.

nothing wrong with glowworm ultracoms, very good boilers. Just avoid flexicoms. Guess which one was developed in uk and which in europe ? very sad :( why don't you get a quote

OP- Why do you want to replace the Solo 2 when you've stated that it's working. Is there anything wrong with it?

hi tibbot,i dont think the baxi is very economical compared to the golw-worm i could be wrong and its making some weird noises.so i thought i'd upgrade to the glow-worm.cheers shane.

Not a bad idea to upgrade to a new boiler.

If the only problem is kettling then add X200 to the system and see if that cures the problem.

Tony

thanks for the info tony,x200 noise reducer look good will give it a go.cheers shane

still going well just seams to be alot of kettling coming from it.there is not a valve for the hot water only function?hot water tank coil is just tee'd into the boiler inlet and outlet.gravity feed? .

Why not get the system converted to fully pumped and controlled with a new cylinder, to meet Part L building regs? A flush may not be a bad idea either. You will need to get these done with the new boiler anyway, and may cure your problems at half the cost (NOT LITERALLY)

thanks beerlover great idea,i think i will do just that,it done it job the old baxi and tank so time for a upgrade.thanks again,shane.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back