baxi platinum 28he with no rain ingress tray surely not????

Slug, I fitted a netaheat duodecimal in my son's house. This boiler started doing the usual and soon the gas valve and pcb were replaced to make no difference. Issue was flagged again and another guy turns up this time tries to fit the replacement gas valve, had difficulty fitting the said valve, goes mental, takes the valve outside and was seen by son hurling the valve several times onto the pavement. He eventually replaced the gas valve and pcb. Still no difference.

I was in the area visiting him so phoned baxi to get someone out. Looked like someone would be out at leisurely pace. After some insistence a lad was sent out who could only be compared to the REAL bunnies on this forum. New valve fitted, new pcb fitted as previous guy with temper had shafted the pcb port, and adjusted the fan speed after new software was loaded onto the pcb he fitted.

I went onto fit another GA boiler after that. It has been a well behaved pussy cat

By the way, Baxi Solo does not have a drip tray, but does have a lip on the flue terminal to stop water ingress via outer section

Sponsored Links
My dads is the first issue of this boiler look how the drip tray only catches the condensing inner part of the flue but not the inlet side of the flue my dads boiler is the first link shown below:

http://advance-heating.com/baxi.html

Now compare this with the revised model of the platinum 28he look how the drip tray has been extended to catch any ingress from the inlet of the flue thus proving that baxi know there is a problem and have amended it
Please see the link below for the improved version

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/baxi-platinum-28he-combi-boiler

[/img]

How do I add pictures in my post rather then links ? can anyone help me I seem to keep getting an error when I try

I figured it out lol

here is my dads boiler noticed how the drip tray doesn't catch the inlet side of the flue allowing ingress into the boiler

Now here is the updated new version even though baxi said there was no fix

its as clear as day that they have fixed it therefore have admitted they were wrong in their design therefore admitting they wrong +

Sponsored Links
Have you checked where condense has been connected to ?

yes the condense drip tray is connected to the condense pipe which then terminates outside and is free flowing. I think the picture clearly shows the problem the original drip tray only catches the inner flue and not the outer were the newer model catches both eliminating the problem

Outside into what ? a gulley ? a waste pipe ? an open ? drain

Surprise surprise heat team couldn't provide a fix so i called them and told them I was disgusted with the outcome to my surprise I was offered a full refund. Apparently there is no retro fix for this boiler how disgusting is that a boiler that allows water to run back onto electrical components and baxi can't provide a fix even tho the newer models of this version of boiler has the fix using a extended drip tray

Anyway I got a refund people using heat team please be aware they don't deal with flues but they forget to tell you this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back