Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacement ecoTech boiler & flue Oct 2020.
  • During strong wind, flue terminal admits rain water, which runs into boiler.
  • Rain also seen leaking from flue joints.
  • Have confirmed water ingress is via Air Intake, using garden sprinkler.
  • Accredited, established installer has checked and re-checked and re-checked installation.
  • Terminal is within a (slight, possible) wind vortex, created by roof angles. Previous flue (Radiant) had no problems.
  • Vaillant engineers have confirmed installation is to spec.
  • Vaillant engineers have confirmed there are no alternative terminals or cowls for their vertical flue.
  • Vaillant do not include flue systems in their guarantee.
  • Vaillant will do nothing towards fixing the problem.
Has anybody else heard of a similar situation?

Sponsored Links
They certainly used to do a 90° elbow with a wire spring guard in it.

I had one of these hateful boilers fitted back in 2011 and I had exactly the same issue - my boiler was in the kitchen and whenever there was heavy rain I would get a puddle on the worktop. From what I can remember the rubber flue collar was fitted in the wrong place. Putting it in the right place, and plastering the whole lot with silicone sorted it out. That was just the tip of the iceberg though, that boiler was a Friday afternoon job from day one, good luck with yours!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back