Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently moved into a different house and the boiler is leaking water down the vertical flue. the boiler is a vokera mynute he 35 system boiler. When it rains really heavy the water drips from the flue and down onto the condensing heat exchanger and into the bottom of the boiler. it has obviously been happening for a while as the bottom of the boiler case is quite rusted. The vertical flue does look like it has the correct terminal fitted, but have not been able to get close enough to inspect it yet. Is this a common issue, for instance is there a common problem with the vokera vertical flue terminal? Im thinking the rain is either migrating its way into the flue through the terminal, or pooling in the flashing and finding its way into a joint on the flue, however there are no water marks on the ceiling. Any help would be much appreciated. I have had a search on the forum, but not found anything definitive.

===================
This site does not support advice on DIY gas work, please see the Rules.
===================

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
It is possible that with heavy rain and the wrong wind condition that the rain could get into the flue but not very common, even if it did and it got to the heat exchanger, then it would simply drain into the condensate, you need a gas engineer to look at it, if the supposed rain went into the air intake then it could leak from the bottom of the boiler, completely different scenarios , you need someone who knows what they are doing and knows this boiler, there is nothing that you can do yourself, I recommend a Vokera fixed price repair.

I've had the flue collector off and its coming from the air intake. You can physically see the water dripping from the air intake then onto the heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
Well you shouldn't be dismantling the flue or taking the cover off. Must be driving rain as the air intakes are horizontal and sloping down I recall. Can you take a picture, perhaps it is in a turbulent pressure zone where the wind whips around. Whatever, stop opening the boiler please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back