Baxi potterton combi not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Could any one help please.......I tried to help my landlady fix her boiler.....It stopped firing and the no flame light flashes......I fitted a new ignitor electrode which briefly worked and then stopped working......then I realized the pressure was too high....I released the pressure down to about 1 bar ( manual recommends between 0.5-1.5) and the boiler worked fine for a day or so and then the same again....I am an experienced Electrician so if a component can be replaced then fine but any more then will have to seek professional help.....Any advice will be greatly appreciated. The boiler is a baxi potterton 105 he I think......4 years old.

Sponsored Links
Replacing the ignition electrodes is a job which should be done by a gas registered engineer who will be able to check the combustion conditions afterwards.

Its not obvious why yoiu were "helping" your landlady but the inference is that she is reluctant to call professional help to get jobs done properly.

Do you have a copy of an annual gas safety certificate?

As you will know an electrical safety certificate is also required as well but only every five (?) years. As well as an EPC Certificate at every change of tenancy.

Tony

Its not obvious why yoiu were "helping" your landlady
...quite possibly because the OP's a nice, helpful chap.

I used to do a lot of minor repairs on the house I rented as a student because the landlords were decent towards me. They always paid me for anything I had to buy, and surprised us by reducing our rent quite a bit every year to encourage us to stay on whereas all my friends' rents went up! But I drew the line at boiler repairs.

I agree, time to call an RGI in now. Working on other peoples' boilers, especially in rented accommodation, could come back to haunt you in a big way if things go wrong ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back