Baxi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Due-tec 40 is leaking water past the prv. My pressure is around 1 bar but goes up passed 3 when the heating is on. Is this my pressure vessel and can it be pumped back up as i see no filling point. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes it is your expansion vessel, and it can be pumped back up but the location of the valve changed at some point through the production run - it's either on the top or on the front

Yer looks like it at top but no room to work, looks like you have to take it out to do it. Cheers

Was about to explains how to get around that but this site forbids aiding and abetting DIY gas work. (What does abetting mean?):oops:

Sponsored Links
yes it is your expansion vessel that needs recharging, there are so many posts about how to on here, unfortunately your expansion vessel is inside the combustion chamber of your boiler

A DIYer should not be opening the sealed combustion chamber.

So the correct advice within the forum rules would be to call a gas safe registered engineer.

Probably best to explain the problem and ask if they will deal with it as a cheaper non urgent service.

A temporary work around is to let some water out of a rad and let that act as an expansion vessel until the engineer fixes the problem.

If leaking for very long a new PRV might be required.

Seems your problem arises because you don't bother to get your boiler properly serviced!

Tony

Tony what size of empty radiator with air at room pressure would the OP need to act as a temporary expansion vessel ?

Cheers boys, the boiler is only 3 years old and serviced twice in that time. I'm not doing it myself I'm just getting the parts ready for my mate to come and do it. He's said change the PRV at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back