Baxi Solo 2 40 PF Luke Warm Water

When boiler has just cut off, lights on front show the following

OVERHEAT.........OFF
BOILER ON........ON
FAN ON.............ON
PILOT ON..........ON
BURNER ON.......OFF

Continuity check shows the pilot valve solenoid at 1.5 kOhms which I believe to be correct.

When no call for heat the pilot on light is still illuminated. Despite no Pilot light.

Couple of ohms at APS.

PCB? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Pooley birth is a half wit and does not understand the basic of this boiler and yes if yu believe him get a rGI out to do a basic repair

I agree entirely and an RGI will be performing the work. As a valve engineer, I appreciate when its time to call in an expert and I'm not afraid to do so!.
However, I would like to reduce the time the RGI has to spend checking (if I can).

Dave, with respect, this has been going on for 4 days! why not just get out an experienced RGI, as nothing beats standing in front of the boler. If anyone asks me to look at a boiler or system and tells me what he has deduced is wrong, I will still start from basics, as invariably we will be led down the wrong path. Ther best tool for fault fidind is the customer. Close questioning can provide a lot of answers and clues , but when customers start quoting their mates, it actually slows down the process.

Ok gents. Fair enough.

I don't agree with poolebybirths diagnosis either but he's trying to help so that I am grateful for.

I will post up what the RGI uncovers. Just worried that the RGI will start replacing stuff until he finds a cure. Rather than carry out these checks.

Would i get a slap if I asked him how he drew his conclusion?

Sod it ill put him on the spot n ask him.

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
Ok gents here is the solution to my problem.

Pilot solenoid

So thanks everyone. Some of you were cock on with your diagnosis!

The moral of this story is (to those who stumble across this thread in the future), just get a pro in right away. I waited near two weeks fannying around and lost too many hours sleep worrying about it. Not worth it!

Good job you got someone who knows a basic fault and fixed it unlike the 2 on here who thought it was a pump /sludge fault :rolleyes: On eof who would have charged you £84 for that diagnosis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back