Baxi Solo 2 50/RS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any one could advise me please. The boiler I have switches the main burner on when the system calls for heat but just a few seconds after the burner goes off. I have noticed that when the boiler stat is turned very low the boiler works fine but when the boiler is turned high the burner switches off. The overheat stat is bypassed as the DHW is gravity fed and the CH is pumped. Theres no problem with the pilot light coming on and the flame is high, and I was thinking could there be a problem with the boiler stat or gas valve solenoid valve?

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
it does not appear to be the high limit thermostat so reinstate this safety part immedietly as you are at present breeching the gsiur regs :eek:

as for your present problem unless you have the correct electrical test equipment and can conduct a safe working manor then this fault may be difficult to get to the bottom of :rolleyes:

Here is your best advice:
Stop messing with things you don't understand, and get a pro in asap to check that the installation is safe.
To give you an idea of how clever it is what you have done; if I did it, I would stand a good chance of loosing my registration to work on gas, and quite possibly would be prosecuted for endangering life and property.

Sponsored Links
Excellent replies from 2 pros........ NOT.

On gravity HW pumped CH the overheat stat is meant to be disconnected to stop nuisance tripout of pilot very common set up on a lot of boilers.

if you can get boiler stat out of plastic housing when boiler goes off if you still have voltage passing through it then its the solenoid at fault if no voltage then probably faulty stat (if system is not up to temp ie going off very quickly)

Hi

Thanks "namsag" I will try out as instructed and post feedback.

Thanks to the other guys for their comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back