Baxi Solo 2 50pf main burner not lighting"

as posted in zambos thread. it will be the fan to flue gasket. £10 part. ill eat my left tentacle if it isnt.

gavinda has only got one ball. Or soon will have :D

Gasket was in pristine condition. This problem has foxed six CORGIs now. One visited 6 times before giving up. The boiler was serviced today, pilot assembly cleaned, and the whole insides vacuumed. The boiler is working better than ever, and is as quiet as a mouse. It will stay like this now for several months, and then I'll get the problem back. Pilot will light, spark will just go on and on, but main burner will not light until airflow out is restricted. Have tried the restrictor for his model, but that didn't fix it.

It just has to be crap building up from somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't be working now if a part needed changing. By bet is that it is from my old caste iron main gas pipe.

Thanks for all your input chaps anyway

Sponsored Links
Dont envy you gavinda as your replying to 2 different people here so you will have to eat both :eek: :eek:
Pass the salt and pepper :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
to be fair i only made that particular offer to one person :LOL: .

but if you insist. tobasco please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back