Baxi Solo 2 PF Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tonight partially drained the central heating system via one drain valve on the kitchen Radiator to change a couple of valves in the bathroom.
I had to turn off the cold supply to make sure that the small tank on my Flowmax mains pressure hot water system was empty and then let it fill back up again before turning the heating back on.
I now have no hot water for either the taps or the central heating.
The Boiler light,fan light and the pilot light are all on but the burner light is off.The pilot light can be seen burning and the fan heard.
Any Ideas?
Malcolm

Sponsored Links
yes malc I suspect that the over heat stat as tripped, you can reset it and you should be grand

it can be found next to the boiler stat (the knob with the numbers)

Would I not have the red overheat light on?
To rest it it says on the back of the removable front cover that the thermostat knob is to be turned to the 0 position,wait 5 seconds the turn knob to required to required setting.Problem is the `overheat light` is not on.

Oh I thought the baxi solo 2 had a resetable over heat stat.

it looks like a little cross and is usually red in colour

oh just read that you can hear the fan and see the pilot, I would hazard a guess that the PCB has gone.

Sponsored Links
Either PCB or gas valve!

It probably also has an o/h stat as described above.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back