Baxi Solo 3 PF 30/80 - No Lights on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi Solo 3 this morning I put the heating on and nothing happened. Checked the boiler and there was nothing on at all, turned all the power off to the boiler and control panel and then turned it back on.

Nothing happened when I turned the Heating on but it came on when I put the water on it came on for 5 minutes then went off.

Since then NOTHING comes on and the lights on the boiler are all off.

There are the following lights :

Overheat
Boiler ON
Fan ON
Pilot ON
Burner ON

Ive checked the PCB board and changed the fuse the only thing that does happen when I switch on the power is that an LED on the board flashes when I turn it on and then flashed when I turn it off. Other than that nothing happens no clicks no fan nothing.

any ideas when I could start.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

things have improved a little,

If on the central heating control panel I press the HOT Water button all 5 lights come on and it kicks into action, but it then goes back to just the BOILER ON light after about 3 minutes.

If I just turn the HEATING button on nothing happens at all no lights come on and nothing happens.

Any ideas

Thanks

start with the external controls as it sounds like a diverter valve problem
if you have a multi meter and are reasonably competent check the wires in the wiring centre the grey wire from the valve should have 240 volts
the orange should have 240 volts when a demand for heat is called and the brown likewise.

if it doesn't then the likely answers are
no 240 on orange - valve u/s
no 240 on brown - time control or stats u/s
no 240 on grey - supply problem

Sponsored Links
Kevin

Thanks for your prompt response, silly question where will I find the diverter value

Is this likley to be the one in my airing cuboard which has a blacksection on it with what looks like 3 settings and then a big silver fron with a slot in it.

There is also a silver "Honeywell" box just next to that.

Sorry to be so dim

Kevin

Just checked, would this be "sundial Y Plan 3 Position Diverter Valve" it was the Honeywell silver box

When I took the cover off it has a picture inside saying

Heating A --- : --- B D.H
:
:
A B
Inlet

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back