Baxi Solo 40/4 RS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help. I have the above boiler and the pilot light has gone on during this cold and windy spell. I can't seem to get it back lit now. I have done everything that is required on the cover. When I press the big button in before clicking the ignite I can't hear any sound of gas at all. I thought the boiler may have locked out, but when I go to the reset button it is none existent, there is just a hole. I'm proper stuck at the moment. when I click the ignite button I can't even see it sparking through the glass viewing hole. Any help would be much appreciated please.

Sponsored Links
If I'm thinking of the correct solo, I don't think your boiler is supposed to have a reset. If there definitely isn't a spark, it won't light. There may be a spark, but you can't see it. Also check you've got no snow or ice covering one side of the flue outside.
Are you on a prepay gas meter? If the supply has gone off, it will take a while for the gas to purge through to the pilot again. And you won't hear it, the pipe for the pilot is too small.
Failing that, you need to get a RGI in.

I have cleared the snow and ice covering the flu. I have now noticed a leak coming from the safety valve which looks like it has been dribbling down to exactly where the Pilot is.

Gas supply hasn't gone off as I have a Gas fire in the lounge which is working.

I had the electrode ignition out last night from the boiler, and tried to ignite it outside the boiler. Couldnt see any sparks coming from it at all. COuld it be a dodgey electrode?

Cheers,
Simon.

You've just opened the combustion chamber. Which is illegal unless registered as competent to work on gas appliances. We can't offer advice on combustion or ignition issues involving anything more than checks/repairs the user can perform without affecting the combustion/flue/gas for the appliance . I strongly suggest you replace any parts you have removed and call a RGI. Now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back