baxi solo 40pf fan problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
the boiler refused to fire up last night. The 'pilot on' light and the 'boiler on' light are both orange, but the burner, fan and overheat lights are all off. There is water going around the radiator system - so the pump is obviously still working. The circuit board was changed a couple of years ago. The fuse seems alright as the afore-mentioned lights are still coming on orange. My guess is that the fan might be jammed for some reason - but then again, I know virtually nothing about boilers. I've looked at various forums, and this seems to be the most helpful - so I ... here's hoping for a useful suggestion or two.
In the first instance, how would I get access to the fan to apply a little wd40? Or would that be dangerous?

Sponsored Links
try turning the power off and start again - the pilot shouldnt come on without the fan on.

I've tried that, doesn't seem to help. I don't think the pilot is actually lit - the light on the display is orange, that's all.

Sponsored Links
dont know if sticking aps would cause this as I've never seen it before or maybe a PCB fault. If no-one else comes up with an answer I would advise getting a repair engineer out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back