Baxi Solo 2 40PF Not Firing Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi Solo 2 40PF boiler that is refusing to fire up.

About 3 weeks ago, the boiler started clicking on start up, the fan moved briefly (about half a turn) and then stopped. After inspecting the fan and the tube to the pressure sensor the problem was finally resolved (until tonight at least) by gently blowing on the PCB!

However, I came home tonight to find that the main fuse had blown. I replaced this, and the boiler on, fan on, pilot on lights all came on, the burner on light flickered, but the fan did not start and the boiler did not fire up.

I checked the pump and this seems to be working fine (it's making the same low humming noise as usual). I checked that there's 240V coming into the boiler. I replaced the fuse on the PCB, but this made no difference. I have checked the voltage to the fan from the PCB and i'm only getting 6mV - i'm assuming that this is far too low? I also noticed a small burn mark (about 5mm in diameter) on the bottom of the PCB near the connections to the fan.

I'm leaning towards replacing the PCB, but just want somebody better qualified than me to confirm this is the right thing to do.

Is there anything else I need to check first? How would I know if it's the fan that isn't working?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
novel.

call a qualified service technician.
you are not qualified to work on gas appliances, are you?

First off, don't believe the led's on the front of these boilers :rolleyes:

If your're safe a competent to work and test 240VAC live electrics, check for 240V at fan terminals, but as this involves removing the cobmustion chamber door, it should be left to an RGI as WDIK has stated.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I have checked the voltage at the fan terminals and there is no voltage at all.

Sponsored Links
I think this may be the same as the Solo 3, whereas the pcb checks the aps befire letting the start up cycle commence.

As said before though RGI territory ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back