Boiler Not Firing Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First Post so here goes

I came home yesterday to find no hot water or central heating. Got up in the loft where the boiler is situated to find it hadn't fired up and there was just a humming noise coming from the top.

The boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 PF.

The "boiler on" light and fan light are both illuminated. The humming appears to be coming from the fan at the top of the boiler. The fan isn't spinning but hasn't seized as I can spin it fine by hand. Tested the fuse on the pcb and it's not blown. The boiler isn't getting to the stage where it's attempting to ignite presumably because the fan isn't working. I've tried powering the whole thing off and on but no luck.

I've booked in a heating engineer but he can't make it until next wednesday so if anyone can help I'd be grateful.
Cheers
Ben

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I did wonder that, around here they won't come out until mid-end January, but thought it might be different down south :confused:

Doubt it

I know we are one of the few companys in surrey responding to calls at the moment, the amount of people that have said to me that no one is answering they phones at the moment!

Amazing really that they are taking the time off as most of my family who work in an office only had xmas and boxing day off.

I am on a cushy one today working in the office, nice and toasty warm me :)

Paint me pink and call me Woosey

:)

Methinks I will have another char and mebbe a choccie biccie to dunk in it now

:)

Its great not answering phone, :LOL: Having a nice 3 weeks off finished the 15th and not going back till the 8th . Getting quite a dent where my ass is on the couch. :LOL:

We have had almost no new calls since last Friday!

I could have enjoyed a nice call out to an Atmos or Broag!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back