Baxi Solo he 24 red fault light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Baxi fires up for about 2 secs then goes off does this about 5 times and then the red fault light comes on so then have to reset but sometimes takes 6 attempts to stay

Light sequence red off green

I think this ignition lockout

I cleaned the condensate bit and also took the the cover off to have a look at the probe electrode kit and noticed that the white wires have melted a bit as it joins the probe

So I think a new electrode kit is in order or possibly a new PCB but was wondering how to avoid the melting of the wire when I get a new one

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
just fitted a new electrode kit and the boiler fired up and worked but then noticed it was melting the ceramic wire/casing ? so for some reason its over heating the wire has anyone come across this problem

just fitted a new electrode kit and the boiler fired up and worked but then noticed it was melting the ceramic wire/casing ? so for some reason its over heating the wire has anyone come across this problem
Yes, lots of times. You still have no clue and are putting other people at risk.

Sponsored Links
IMG_5315[1].JPG

you should turn that off immediately and get someone registered to correct the actual fault, that is just a symptom it is not the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back