Baxi Solo HE18 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For about a year my boiler (baxi solo HE18) periodically locks out, works ok after resetting for another couple of weeks before doing again then again before reset doesn't work.
Engineer comes out, cleans electrodes which seem pretty clean when he showed me and all works well again for 3-4 months before the whole thing starts again, engineer been out 3-4 times now and the time between visits is getting shorter, last done a couple of weeks ago and had first lock out red light yesterday :(. Should the electrodes be replaced do you think or could it be something else? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm a little reluctant to give advice regarding this fault as it's combustion/gas related and any DIY jobs can be dangerous.

I'd recommend getting Baxi (heat team) out to do a fixed price repair, they know this boiler/fault better than anyone.

Sponsored Links
I'm a little reluctant to give advice regarding this fault as it's combustion/gas related and any DIY jobs can be dangerous.

I'd recommend getting Baxi (heat team) out to do a fixed price repair, they know this boiler/fault better than anyone.

I wouldn't try to fix it myself, just wondered what the fault might be...

Sure, I understand that. Even so, this could end up being the main heat exchanger which is expensive so I'd let Baxi take the hit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back