baxi solo NEED SOME HELP :cry:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into my new property and iv got a baxi solo 240 pf boiler.Iv had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted and i have changed the taps to mixer taps both upstairs and downstairs. The problem is that the pressure is fine when i switch the cold water tap on but when i turn on the hot tap both upstairs and downstairs the water just trickles out, also when i turn the hot water tap on a VERY VERY loud noise starts coming from under the floorboards i assume that this is the sound of the pipes rubbing on the floorboards but im not sure. Iv checked that all the taps are open fully on the inlet and outlet of the boiler, could the pump maybe be broken? the pump is a grundfos selectric. Also looking at the boiler in the kitchen i saw a screw that says pressure regulator switch i was thinking of turning that a little bit to see if that would make a difference?
Hope someone can help me

Sponsored Links
Dont touch anything on the boiler as you are not CORGI registered and its not the problem anyway.

Think more about the pressure from the cistern. Changing taps without significant knowledge of plumbing often results in incompatible purchases. Most taps are made in Italy where they are supplied at mains pressure and therefore give little flow with a cistern supply.

Tony Glazier

Hes right dfinately nothing to do with boiler at all as this merely heats up the hot water cylinder so dont mess about with pump or boiler :confused:

i would say it is very likely you hve an air lock and by putting mains water through your hot water pipework this should resolve it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
basically connect hose to mains tap ie cold water at kitchen sink to hot tap at kitchen sink open both taps and leave for approx 1 min to clear air locks :cool:

so under the kitchen sink i take the cold water supply and put it on to the hot water supply? do i put the hot water supply onto the cold water or does that not matter. Do i leave all the taps in ie upstairs and downstairs open or just the kitchen hot and cold?

marc5180 said:
so under the kitchen sink i take the cold water supply and put it on to the hot water supply? do i put the hot water supply onto the cold water or does that not matter. Do i leave all the taps in ie upstairs and downstairs open or just the kitchen hot and cold?

No you don't alter the pipes around :confused: :confused:

Connect the cold to the washing machine to the hot with the hose and blow any air out with the bath taps open.

sorry for sounding so thick just want to make sure i get it right. So i connect the cold water hose from my cold, tap under the sink onto the hot water tap??

The easiest way is as doitall suggested and use the washing machine connections ( if you have one).
Connect the cold to the hot water valve using a washing machine hose and open both valves for one minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back