baxi solo only produce half tank of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
one of my customers has call me after one month saying that the boiler my engineer repaired is not producing a full cylinder of hot water.
they called me in a panic one month ago and said that the boiler is not producing any hot water , my engineer fixed it and now they say one month later that a half tank of hot water is produced .... Q ...why is it producing half tank. suddenly and is it something i did ?

Sponsored Links
can't see what repairing the boiler has to do with the hw cylinder.

surely thats down to the cylinder stat. :idea:

What did he fix before ??? faulty motor(amongst other things) in a motorised valve can cause not enough HW before it finally packs up

seco services";p="1369941 said:
can't see what repairing the boiler has to do with the hw cylinder.

surely thats down to the cylinder stat. :idea:[/quot

thanks for your input my engineer found fault in the pcb and changed it hey presto everything is working fine and customer very happy now they are not as they say only half a tank is produced thanks to those engineers who have replied to this post

Sponsored Links
How old is the cylinder?

The last one I removed was harbouring 16 kilos of limescale. So much was attached to the coil, no heat transfer could exist.

Just a thought.

Paul.

How old is the cylinder?

The last one I removed was harbouring 16 kilos of limescale. So much was attached to the coil, no heat transfer could exist.

Just a thought.

Paul.
oK A BIG thankyou to all who have tried to help , i am not an engineer but i went along with my engineer to try to find out what was wrong it turned out that the wiring loom had a break in it and an intermittent make and break fault that became worse as the boiler heated up everything else checked out ,stat pump valve etc den my engineer has been 30 plus years in the trade and never seen this SORTED thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back