Baxi Solo2 50PF switches itself off after a few minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is 10 years old, recently it has this problem. Timer for HW and /or CH asks it to light. The boiler goes thro sequence and ignites the after 3 mins turns off, burner goes out will not re ignite. The lights that come on then are boiler, fan on. It will not go to pilot or burner.

I have replaced the ignitor in right hand side of boiler and the lead from circuit board to tip of ignitor.

Could it be a circuit board problem.

Strange thing is when left overnight, it will fire up in morning again only for a few mins the go out as if it is issue with temperature.

Need help.....

Sponsored Links
DaveMainy said:
My boiler is 10 years old, recently it has this problem. Timer for HW and /or CH asks it to light. The boiler goes thro sequence and ignites the after 3 mins turns off, burner goes out will not re ignite. The lights that come on then are boiler, fan on. It will not go to pilot or burner.

I have replaced the ignitor in left hand side of boiler and the lead from circuit board to tip of ignitor.

Could it be a circuit board problem.

Strange thing is when left overnight, it will fire up in morning again only for a few mins the go out as if it is issue with temperature.

Need help.....

Sounds like your pump is knackered causing the boiler to overheat & shutdown.

DaveMainy said:
I would have thought the overheat light would have lit, it isn't...

It could be a thermistor prob, then :?:

Unfortunately I am not as fortunate as you,i.e. not there, :cry:

Sponsored Links
Check the fan venturi, fan aps and the aps pipes to it. The fan proved light can still come on if there is a problem that should have stopped it coming on!

If fan is running but no ignition then this is where I would look first. If these are all ok then it could be time to think about the pcb ;)

DaveMainy

The boiler goes thro sequence and ignites the after 3 mins turns off, burner goes out will not re ignite.

:confused: :confused: There is ignition. How can it be the p.c.b. :?:

Thanks checked that out seems ok, had a look at circuit board seems there is a problem there, the resistor X12B shows signs of problem, not sure what this resistor is controlling and what is causing the overheat hence switching boiler off.

Any experts on PCBs, the resistor is located next to fuse it is a red colour, don't want to replce PCB until I can identify problem.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back