glow worm ultimate 30ff ignition problem

• Thread starter thebestscrew
  • Start date
T

thebestscrew

hello, the boilers ignition is causing a constant spark which eventually will light the pilot but wont start the main burner until a couple of minutes the the ignitor will stop, after about 5 mins or so the burner will cut off and the ignitor will then start to spark again doing the same scenario, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.... thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks 4 your reply, is it cleanable? if so how would u recommend- wire brush? or will it just need replacing?
thanks

Sponsored Links
u really took the time to upload that picture 4 that mature reply? on here for help not for a joke with the forum comedian!

any serious answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks

It is generally excepted on this forum not to give out gas related advice or encourage home owners ( DIY ?) to fiddle around or repair gas related components ,something I have done in the past, & should not have !! hence kevlumbs post ?

I think Kev's answer is serious, you need a RGI for gas work.

trust me i wouldnt even dream of opening up the boiler, basically im askin on behalf of a friend who has just recently qualified as a gas man but is gettin used to the faults etc he said it might of been the thermocouple or ignitor electrode thingy needs cleanin? he is due to come round next week as he is away this weekend. idealman answer makes sense so was wonderin if it could be cleaned or just buy a new one ?

u really took the time to upload that picture 4 that mature reply?

nope had it about 6 months

if you bothered to read the rules (the bit in red at the top of the page) number 10 i belive
you will understand my reply a little better :idea:

then ask your friend to apply for the CC and he will get his answer

[email protected] ;)

The other lads are right, tell you gas fitter he can join the combustion chamber an the lads in there will help him

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back