Baxi Solo2 boiler

I guess the capacitor would be easily tested, by lifting one leg out of circuit and measuring resistance to see if it charges/discharges.

Would you agree guys ?

Al

Sponsored Links
Al-Glasgow said:
I guess the capacitor would be easily tested, by lifting one leg out of circuit and measuring resistance to see if it charges/discharges.

might be if you had a clue which one, and how to test it

raden said:
Al-Glasgow said:

might be if you had a clue which one, and how to test it

As I said you would try to charge the cap using a little current from the meter, hope this makes sense to you.

I havent counted the cap's but i suspect it would be the same faulty cap when repairing identical Solo's

Al

Sponsored Links
Are you qualified?

It doesn't strike me that you have sufficient appreciation of what's involved to go meddling with CH pcbs at a component level

raden said:
Are you qualified?

It doesn't strike me that you have sufficient appreciation of what's involved to go meddling with CH pcbs at a component level

Of course I am,

I guess this is now a pointless thread.

Oh and I dont tend to "meddle" with charged caps/circuitry.

raden said:
The problem is that you don't know what does what on the pcb

What do you mean ?

If you trying to say, I dont know which cap would be the faulty one, then you're correct.

I assumed you would have a good idea, and a cap number etched onto the PCB.

Its a simple matter of finding a faulty component, which i feel i am very capable of doing.

If you have specific information where possible faulty cap might be, why not spill the beans, someone may have a PCB ready to test your information.

It's not that simple, there are a number of completely different build standards of the Solo 2

... and the answer is "no"

Ok cheers Raden,

Im just trying to get some baxi circuit diagrams on PDF.

This would obviously narrow down the component area in question.

Cheers

Interconnection diagrams are in the manual, circuit diagrams for the pcb - no chance ... apart from the fact that there are 4 (or 5, if you include the Solo 3) different designs

Sorry If I went in a bit hard

raden said:
Interconnection diagrams are in the manual, circuit diagrams for the pcb - no chance ... apart from the fact that there are 4 (or 5, if you include the Solo 3) different designs

Yes i was hoping for actual circuit diagrams.

wish me luck then

Cheers

Al

I would be on dubious legal territory putting such a thing out in the public domain

Sorry, I though you were a CORGI having a go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back