baxi solo2 wont fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hopefully I can explain my problem.

We have a Baxi solo2 RS boiler. This morning it hadn’t fired up(has happened before). A while ago it wouldn’t fire up and kept tripping out. When it attempted to fire up, there was a lot of clicking noises coming from the boiler sometimes firing up, but some times after a while the reset button would trip out and pilot light go out. After a lot of process I thought I had narrowed it down to the CH valve. The small little micro switch was lose, it hadn’t been switching on and off probably and had shorted out. I replaced this and every thing has been great. This was about 6 to 8 months ago.

Apart from this morning. No heating or hot water, boiler gone out and reset button tripped. I re-fired it up and the clicking/switching noise has come back. I have checked the micro switch in the valve but this is tightly done up.

Any ideas or advice??
Sorry for the length of post hope it makes sense

Sponsored Links
I guess there is no way of testing this to be sure is there. Just have to bite the bullet and fit one i guess

Any ideas for testing to see if the pcb i shot? Started OK yesterday but not today....arr
O and as far as i can tell it only dose this when demand for CH and not HW

Sponsored Links
Boiler doen't know whether it is on for CH or DHW.

Recheck the valves and external controls before buying a pcb.

Reset on an RS is overheat.

Check the system bypass and installation as per M.I.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back