Baxi Wm 532 RS, Shutting down ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, Im having a problem with my Baxi 532. 2 weeks ago, my pilot went out whilst the heating was on. i hadn't noticed until the morning, so fired it up again no problem, first time.

I havent used the heating/Hot water since then, but tonight, put my heating on as it got a tad cold, and noticed half hour later that nothing seemed to have warmed up. i checked the pilot and it had gone out again.

I re-lit it, waited a fem minutes and had the Mrs to put the heating on, whilst i watched the pilot. as soon as she'd put it on, the main burner lit, but after about a minute, totally shut down, obviously including the pilot.
Any ideas on what the problem could be? any advice would be Much Apreciated. Cheers !

Sponsored Links
A very simple gas related fault and easily fixed by getting the boiler serviced by a RGI. Good reliable boilers and cheap parts.

ianbamsey87";p="2161608 said:
Hi Guys, Im having a problem with my Baxi 532. 2 weeks ago, my pilot went out whilst the heating was on. i hadn't noticed until the morning, so fired it up again no problem, first time.

As 45ygm says, it is a fairly straightforward fix. BUT how did you know it broke down 2 weeks ago, if you didn't notice until this am? mmm, wind up?

It shut down whilst i was working nights 2 weeks ago, Mrs phoned me and said she couldnt get hot water or heating on.
So as soon as i got home from work, i checked the pilot, and sure enough it had gone out. But lit first time and got heating on perfect for a few hours.
then as i said, yest, went to put heating on and zippo! Thanks for the replys, im due to get it serviced, but have you any ideas, on what exactly the problem is ? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I forgot to mention, that along with my boiler going out, my gas fire in the living room keeps going out! not as regular as the boiler, but after about an hour totally shuts off! i wait a few mins, and it fires up first time! Is this at all linked ? many thanks!

Fire needs looking at too then. Don't use it again until it's looked at, it could have a serious safety defect.

just to let you know, had a mate from british gas round yest, turns out the pilot was faulty and actually 6 months past its service date. I only bought the house 13 months ago and was told it had been serviced a month before i bought it. i understand that you can service a boiler every 2 years, but obviously every year to be safe. thanks for your replys ! Many thanks Bam Bam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back